In this our second beta episode Dr Bill Crozier from Brisbane, Australia shows us what can be achieved by an Anaesthetist with a pashion and a blog.
S01E02 Gasman Downunder
- Main topic today an anaesthetic blog – gasmandownunder – http://gasmandownunder.blogspot.com.au/
- Recorded live at the Australian Society of Anaesthetists National Scientific Meeting held on the Gold Coast, Australia in October 2014.
- Second segment in the session “The Socially Enhanced Anaesthetist”.
- Main presenter today is Doctor Bill Crozier, an Anaesthetist in Brisbane, Australia.
- Bill was originally trained as an anesthetist in the United Kingdom but has lived and worked in Australia for the last 24yrs. The tagline on his blog summarises his style nicely when it says “the essentially inane ramblings of a guy living in the best place in the world who is in almost complete denial of the aging process”.
- Bill has a strong interest in High Altitude Medicine and Physiology as well as the underlying cell and gene responses to the low oxygen environment. He has travelled to the Himalayas every year for the last 10 years and his blog started as a way to share his travels.
- Youtube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ydvKs3ZE7YR9hWxlgkHZw
- Blog: gasmandownunder – http://gasmandownunder.blogspot.com.au/
- WordPress – The website itself has been upgraded from Blogger to WordPress on a dedicated server.
- Mobile Friendly – automatically generated mobile friendly website.
- This site can be saved as a bookmarklet and once a few more episodes have been uploaded to our server there will be a Gasnet.tv app for both IOS and Android devices.
- itunes – Gasnet podcasts are now available worldwide for subscription from iTunes or the Apple native podcasts app.
- Stitcher radio – The Android software ecosystem does not yethave acentralised place for podcasts.
- There are many podcast clients available to download and save your favourite shows eg Pocket Casts
- Stitcher radio at www.stitcher.com. Stitcher is an online media system that mimics traditional radio in that it streams media to your device though there is some offline capability. On a mobile device just download the Stitcher APP, create a free account and search for the Gasnet podcast
- Facebook – Gasnet page for announcements, especially new podcast episodes. Please share the Gasnet Facebook page with any other Anaesthetists you happen to know.
- Gasnet is a global anaesthetic community. To take part sign up for the email discussion list, join the Google+ community, like the Facebook page, subscribe to the podcast and the Youtube page. A smorgasbord of choice to suit your needs! Subscription details via the website at www.gasnet.tv/subscribe
- The gasnet podcast is released under a Creative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivatives International license. Make copies and share with your friends. Just dont change it or sell it or use it in commercial products without permission from us. Presentations recorded during the Australian Society of Anaesthetists meeting are reproduced with the permission of the organisers.
- Next podcast episode – what Twitter has to offer anaesthetists in 140 characters or less.